On Sunday the 17th, I got an amazing awsome couldnt stop smiling phone call. One of those phone calls that makes you want to jump up and down because you are so happy. I got a phone call from my cousin Chris.(cousin from my dads side) A little background: Chris and I are like 7 months apart in age and have been best friends since birth, no matter how far we lived from each other or how much life got in the way we made sure we stayed in contact. Well some odd weeks ago Chris left for Army Basic Training. Now you may be asking; how is he calling me from basic? Well I dont know I guess they got phone rights or something. Something about you give the soldiers their phones and moral improves. I didnt question, I was just so happy to hear from him. I got to talk to him for 45 mins before he got off and called his daughter. It was one of those moments that it was like "ahhh okay he is okay" ::wipes brow:: My cousin has always wanted to be in the military, we come from a military family. Our plan had been to join together, so he got all his paperwork squared away, as did I. Well I come to find out that I can no longer join him since I am in fact pregnant. Oh well, everything happens for a reason, so I promise him I will be at his graduation. (even though I will be 7 months pregnant) I come to find out that flying from Idaho to Georgia, renting a car, a hotel room..etc. Is like $800 all together, when I would only be able to see him for the 12 hours on family day. So as I try to explain to him that I have to break a promise (first one broken ever, and most important so far) I become miss emotional (damn hormones) lucky me, I have the best cousin EVER because he then goes on and starts making me laugh with his sarcastic rather raunchy humor, that is in fact my cousin. So all is good. He is having a blast in boot, which is cool to hear, I guess with all the new rules and regulations boot camp isnt what he thought it was going to be, in fact he is rather disappointed that it is as easy as it is. He makes me laugh. I am so proud of my cousin, for finally doing something that is making him happy, after all of these years. I miss him terribly but I know that I will see him after he goes to AIT. Im still upset I cannot make it to his graduation, but I guess that is life. So that is one family surprise...
Then yesterday I get an unexpected package from my Aunt Pat. (which I thought it was a little weird since it was HER birthday). I open up the package and low and behold it is filled with babygirl stuff. My heart sank, I was in shock. So I slowly take every piece of clothing out and show them to my mom, as tears start running down my face. It was one of the nicest thing my Aunt has ever done for me, even though it wasnt for me it was for babygirl, but you know what I mean. It warmed my heart to know that I do have the support of my family, at least a little. Its hard to explain because when I first got pregnant the first reaction was; well youre not married, whos the father, how are you going to raise this baby, etc. And with one little box with some very cute baby clothes, I might add it feels that there is some sort of support there. Even though they still ask all of the other questions. All in all it was a very nice surprise, one I will never forget. So I call my aunt and thank her (as well as wish her a happy birthday), and come to find out that she has more babygirl stuff to send me. That was only one box of many. I am in shock at this point. She is so excited that I am having a babygirl. I guess she had wanted a babygirl when she was pregnant, but ended up with my cousin Jack. As well as this being the first grandbaby on my mothers side. So at least someone is happy.
All in all the past few days have been filled with surprises. I dont know how to explain it in any other way but that. How do you put happiness and appreciation into words so that other people can understand them, without having them have lived your life to know the background. Just know that those two acts of kindness (the phone call from my cousin, and the presents from my aunt) will forever be remembered. I am thankful for my family, even though we may not show it all the time, I at least know that the love is there. Here are some pictures of the fam bam.
My mother, Me and My "little big" brother.
Chris and I. Like I said: we have been best friends since birth.
Me and chris. He is the one in the box. One of my all time favorite pictures.
Chris's Bootcamp picture
The beautiful babygirl clothes my aunt sent me
No comments:
Post a Comment